Drawing on Califia Farms’ deep roots in California, founder Greg Steltenpohl became inspired by the legend of Califia, the beautiful black Queen who has come to be known as the “Spirit of California.” Her story was memorialized in an ancient text published as a Spanish novel in 1510, in which the mythical Queen led a formidable army of women warriors who protected their bountiful paradise, later to become recognized as the state of California. We share her passion for protecting and nourishing our environment and our community. Queen Califia is both the symbol for our brand and our muse as we build a modern army of wellness warriors, nourishing and inspiring others with the power of what plants can do.
Articles in this section
- Who is Queen Califia and why did you name the company after her?
- Are your products 100% non-GMO?
- Do all of your products have the non-GMO Verification Project label?
- Are Your Products Organic?
- Why aren't your products organic?
- Do You Have Carrageenan in Your Products?
- What ingredients changed in your products when you removed carrageenan?
- Do You Have Gluten in Your Products?
- What Allergens are Present at Your Facilities?
- Are Your Products Kosher?