California runs deep in the roots of our company. When Califia founder Greg Steltenpohl had the opportunity to create Califia Farms from the ground up, he was fueled by a fundamental Californian ethos and drew inspiration from the legend of Queen Califia, the beautiful black goddess, who was also known as the “Spirit of California.” Originally conceived in a 16th-century Spanish novel, the mythic Queen Califia led an army of women warriors and fantastic creatures on bountiful island paradise named California. She was both nurturing and powerful; protecting both the land and people of California, like the original wellness warrior! In the same way that we see California as a symbol of change, our logo reflects the diverse, multi-racial, and multi-cultural Californian population. So, while Queen Califia was a mythical figure, her name and our interpretation of her symbolize not only the bounty and spirit of California, but also the power of our great state’s multi-faceted, united culture and its role in inspiring the health and wellness of the world.
Articles in this section
- I own a small business, and I’d like to stock Califia Farms. What do I do?
- What is the product packaging made of?
- Does my product need to be refrigerated before opening?
- Where can I buy Califia? If my store doesn't have it, what can I do?
- Why aren't all your products organic?
- Do all of your products have the non-GMO Verification Project label?
- Who is Queen Califia and why did you name the company after her?
- How long are the seasonal products available?
- Does my Califia need to be Refrigerated Before Opening?
- Are Your Products Organic?