The health of the natural world is a priority of ours, and the health of honeybees is critical to our company’s supply chain — without bees, almond trees can’t grow almonds! That’s why we work with our growers to protect the bees; in fact, we have chosen to work exclusively with an almond supplier that has their own in-house honeybee operation to protect and grow the bee population. Almond farming is a key industry for bee health: the almond bloom is the first opportunity for bees to find forage every year, which provides them with the food they need to increase in population and continue on to pollinate crops across America. We can all help protect the bees by planting more flowers that they feed on; learn how Califia’s retail partner Whole Foods is “sharing the buzz” here: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/sharethebuzz.
Articles in this section
- What does being a sustainable business mean to Califia Farms?
- How do you source your ingredients?
- How are you making your facilities more energy efficient?
- How are you conserving water and reducing waste?
- What about bee health and Califia Farms?
- Is your packaging recyclable?
- Are you affiliated with any other third party associations or charity groups?